Your personal healing team includes all of the individuals in your life that help you stay happy and well. They may include: child care workers, housekeepers and spiritual advisers in addition to health care professionals such as doctors and counselors. Sometimes a day care provider allows an individual to take a day off to heal – which is more essential than a visit to a professional. We have provided a list of resources to help you in finding your own healing team.
(read disclaimer below).
- The Care.Com Team
A referral list for child care providers
- Amenda Clinic: 503-239-8181 Portland Oregon Holistic Mental Healthcare for adults, adolescents and children
- Carlo Calabrese ND Naturaopathic Doctor specializing in Psychiatric Treatment
- mood (depression, anxiety, irritability, mood swings)
- attention and judgment
- social functioning (relationships, getting along with others, direction)
- making desired lifestyle changes (weight loss, habits, addiction) and considering important health decisions.
- The Children’s Program: SW Portland Oregon 503-452-8002 – A team of experienced clinicians who provide diagnostic, therapeutic and educational services to children, adolescents, and families. Our clinician directory provides a brief biography and areas of interest for each of our clinicians.
- Caroline McGrath, MA, NCC, LPCIIndividual & Group CounselorChildren ~ Teens ~ Families caroline.livinggroove@gmail.
com503.252.52433939 NE Hancock StSuite 310Portland, OR 97212
- David Bercelli Trauma Release Exercises – traumaprevention.com -TRE® is a simple technique that uses exercises to release stress or tension from the body that accumulate from every day circumstances of life, from difficult situations, immediate or prolonged stressful situations, or traumatic life experiences (i.e., natural disasters, social or domestic violence).
- Peter Levine – Boulder, CO somaticexperiencing.com
- Robert Scaer — Louisville, CO traumasoma.com
- Men’s Resource Center Portland Oregon – The Men’s Resource Center offers counseling to men, women, teens couples and families. We also offer specialized services for men including anger management and domestic violence intervention groups for voluntary men. We also provide support for women who are effected by domestic violence.
- Anne Bagwell (503) 226-1213
- Raymond Diaz – openingtolife.com (503) 231-0424 Men’s Groups, Psychotherapy, Spiritual Growth work
- Dino Paris – 503-528-4441 Creating a safe environment for people to face, accept, then release limiting patterns so they can experience harmony, pleasure and peak performance in their personal, professional, athletic and creative lives. Specialites include EMDR, Business coaching, Family therapy, Couples therapy.
Eco Remedi – Many buildings, commercial, educational or residential have hidden toxins that you can’t smell or see, like high levels of EMF or radon. Michelle Bexelius, Building Biologist helps remedy your home/work space free from toxins. Eco Remedi specializes in indoor air quality and electromagnetic field (EMF) testing, along with sustainable interior design. Eco Remedi helps you improve your indoor environment thru testing, design and healthy products.
ecoremedi.com / 503-780-5148
Media and Children
- Doreen Dodgen Magee – Your Brain on Technology – Create a movement of students engaging in technology use thoughtfully by bringing Doreen to your campus for a day or two of classroom lectures, campus wide talks, meal time talk backs, or interactive powered off creation zones. up to the minute, research based information regarding the impact of technology use on the brains, relationships, and sense of self of students is provided alongside of ideas for how to minimize negative effects and engage with technology with greater intentionality. http://doreendm.com/
- Shannon Chawla – Accupuncturists (specializes in women and children) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women’s Health Tori Hudson – Naturopathic
- NCNM Clinic– This is a teaching college and it provides naturopathic support for physical and emotional health.
Rose Sharma is a Licensed Massage Therapist specializing in Ayurvedic Wellness and Massage. She earned her LMT certification at East West College of The Healing Arts in Portland Oregon, Certified Ayurvedic Panchakarma (detoxification) Technician at Kerala Ayurveda Academy in Seattle Washington, Medical Massage Therapist and an Ayurvedic Therapist certification at Chakarapani Ayurvedic Clinic and Research Center in Jaipur, India. Additionally, she is a Pranic Healer, Reiki Energy Healer, a PSYCH-K Therapist and a Doula.
Whole Approach Healing, LLC, and Lynea Gillen cannot guarantee that the qualifications or services of any particular provider will be suitable for the needs of a particular individual. If you have any questions about the suitability of a provider for you, your child or family, we recommend that you contact your primary health care provider. If you feel that a provider has acted in a dangerous or unprofessional manner, stop seeing them and make a report to the governing agency.